This course is a legal requirement for many UK businesses and schools. This is a 18 hour course usually run over 3 consecutive days but it can be flexible to a client’s needs. We can arrange to deliver the course 1 day a week over 2 to 3 weeks as an example to make it fit your work place. During the 3 days is a formal assessment.
Who is the First Aid at Work course for?
This course is the perfect solution for companies and staff who need a flexible way to achieve an accredited qualification in first aid at work.
As from January 2013 we are offering a level 3 First aid at work qualification through our Awarding body Qualsafe who are regulated by OFQUAL to ensure the highest standards.
What will you learn from this course?
On Completion of the course successful candidates should be able to:
- Provide emergency first aid at work such as CPR, dealing with Choking and Bleeding
- Understand the role and the responsibilities of the first aider at work including reference to; the importance of preventing cross infection; the need for recording incidents, use of the accident book, patient handover forms and actions; use of available first aid equipment.
- Assess the situation in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency, carrying out a Primary survey.
- Treat a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries: chest injuries; burns and scalds; eye injuries; sudden poisoning; anaphylactic shock;
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of major illness and provide the correct first aid treatment for the following conditions, including heart attack; stroke; epilepsy; asthma; diabetes.
- Administer treatment for a casualty who is unconscious; including seizures
- Administer CPR for adults, children and babies
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Deal with a casualty who is wounded or bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries, including nose bleeds splinter and eye minor injuries
Assessment and Certification
After completing a final assessment successful candidates receive a Qualsafe approved certificate valid for three years. This course allows learners to apply to the UL learner register and receive learner credits for successful completion of the course. (please notify us if you wish to apply for learner credits at the time of booking.)
This course is legally compliant with the current Health and Safety (first aid) Regulations 1981. Upon successful completion of this three day course, first aiders receive certification to allow them to practise for three years after which a re-qualification course becomes necessary. It is strongly recommended that you update your skills by taking an annual refresher.
This course can be run over 3 consecutive days or one day per week and candidates must be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline and must attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.
Below is a price guide for our Level 3 First Aid at Work Course.
Enquire about booking your place on our First Aid at Work (3 Days) Course
If you’ve decided this course is right for you the next step is simple! All you have to do is fill in your details below and we will be in touch as soon as possible to arrange your course date. Alternatively you can speak direct to one of the team by phoning 0750 009 3353.
We run our First Aid at Work Course in the following West Yorkshire areas:
- Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
- Bradford, West Yorkshire
- Halifax, West Yorkshire
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Saddleworth, Oldham (Greater Manchester)
What makes Simply First Aid Training Ltd unique compared to other First Aid Training operators is that we are a mobile training service. We can come to your premises or a location near your place of work and operate the course from their, please contact us to discuss the best options. Alternately you can book on one of our local courses, please see the dates above.
Please note we can run our courses outside of the West Yorkshire and Greater Manchester areas but please contact us to discuss this further.