Who is the First Aid at Work Requalification Course for?
Anyone who needs to renew a valid first aid at work certificate. This is a Qualsafe approved and certified course. As from January 2013 we are offering this as level 3 qualification regulated by Ofqual governing body. Delegates will be able to apply for learner credits through the UK learner register.
Delegates who want to apply for leaner credits must notify us at the time of booking
This course is usually run over 2 consecutive days but can be split to accommodate your needs. Course times are usually 9:00am to 4:00pm, alternative start and finish times can be arranged if needed at the time of booking.
What will you learn from this course?
On successful completion of the course candidates should be able to:
- The role and responsibility of the first aider
- Know the contents of first aid kits and how to avoid cross infection
- Correctly record incidents and accidents
- Use a primary survey to access the situation in an emergency
You will also learn how to administer first aid to a casualty:
- who is unconscious and breathing including seizures
- who requires cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- who is choking including adults, children and babies
- who is wounded or bleeding
- who is in shock
- deal with minor conditions. These include: minor cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters
- injuries to bones, muscles, joints including suspected spinal injury
- administer correct treatment for sudden poisoning
- administer correct treatment for burns and scalds
- administer correct treatment for eye injuries
- administer correct treatment for anaphylactic shock*
- Recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid including heart attack*, stroke, epilepsy, asthma & diabetes
*Understand the use of a EPI Pen and aspirin administration
Assessment and Certification
After completing a final assessment successful candidates receive a Qualsafe approved Level 3 qualification, valid for 3 years.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) requires all delegates attending a requalification course to have a current and valid first aid at work certificate prior to attending.
It is recommended that delegates attend an annual First Aid at Work Refresher Course to prevent skill fade over the 3 year re-qualification period.
Below is a price guide for our First Aid at Work Requalification Course
Enquire about booking your place on our First Aid at Work Requalification Course
If you’ve decided this course is right for you the next step is simple! All you have to do is fill in your details below and we will be in touch as soon as possible to arrange your course date. Alternatively you can speak direct to one of the team by phoning 0750 009 3353.
We run our First Aid at Work Requalification Course in the following West Yorkshire areas:
- Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
- Bradford, West Yorkshire
- Halifax, West Yorkshire
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Saddleworth, Oldham (Greater Manchester)
What makes Simply First Aid Training Ltd unique compared to other First Aid Training operators is that we are a mobile training service. We can come to your premises or a location near your place of work and operate the course from their, please contact us to discuss the best options. Alternately you can book on one of our local courses, please see the dates above.
Please note we can run our courses outside of the West Yorkshire and Greater Manchester areas but please contact us to discuss this further.