Who is the Paediatric First Aid Course for Child Carers for?
This course has been designed to meet the first aid training needs of child minders, child carers and people with responsibilities for young children. It meets the needs of Sure Start and Early Years and is appropriate for members of NCMA and PLA as well as anyone who is caring for children. This paediatric course is recognised by OFSTED and also includes the requirements of the appointed person in the workplace.
The course involves 12 hours of learning usually based over 2 days, these days can be run consecutively or to your requirements.
Course times are usually 9:00am to 4:00pm, but again these can be tailored to fit your requirements.
What will you learn from this course?
On Completion of the course successful candidates should be able to:
- Know the common types and causes of accidents – how and what type occur
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty – adult, child and infant
- Be able to give effective cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) – adult, child and infant
- Know the contents of the first aid kit
- Dealing with blood loss from wounds and the correct treatment for shock
- Burns and scalds
- Recognition of and treatment of anaphylaxis
- Treatment for electric shock. high and low voltage
- Foreign objects
- Recognition and management of fractures and soft tissue injury’s
- Administration of medication and the legal responsibilities of the child carer
- Recognition of infectious diseases and minor illnesses
- Recording and reporting – NCMA/PLA and HSE
Assessment and Certification
We offer a Level 2 Paediatric course, First Aid for Child Carer’s Certificate; this allows learners to claim 2 learner credits, which can be used towards other course as Accredited Prior Learning if needed. First aid for child carers certificate, valid for 3 years.
An annual half day refresher is recommended to prevent skill fade over the 3 year period of the qualification, see our Paediatric First Aid Annual Refresher Course for more information.
Candidates must be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline.
Child minders must hold a valid paediatric first aid certificate.
Below is a price guide for our Paediatric First Aid Course for Child Carers
Enquire about booking your place on our Paediatric First Aid Course for Child Carers
If you’ve decided this course is right for you the next step is simple! All you have to do is fill in your details below and we will be in touch as soon as possible to arrange your course date. Alternatively you can speak direct to one of the team by phoning 0750 009 3353.
We run our Paediatric First Aid Course for Child Carers in the following West Yorkshire areas:
- Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
- Bradford, West Yorkshire
- Halifax, West Yorkshire
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Saddleworth, Oldham (Greater Manchester)
What makes Simply First Aid Training Ltd unique compared to other First Aid Training operators is that we are a mobile training service. We can come to your premises or a location near your place of work and operate the course from their, please contact us to discuss the best options. Alternately you can book on one of our local courses, please see the dates above.
Please note we can run our courses outside of the West Yorkshire and Greater Manchester areas but please contact us to discuss this further.